2023 marks sixty-two years of J.B. Hunt. Sixty-two years of providing our customers with innovative logistics solutions, top-notch customer service and working with the best employees in the transportation industry. Truly exemplifying our company foundations of people, technology and capacity.
From celebrating milestones together, winning industry awards and fostering strong relationships with our customers – 2023 has kept us busy! In all sixty-two years of business here at J.B. Hunt, we’ve always put a major focus on our people. Our people are the foundation of what makes us the logistics provider customers keep coming back to time and time again. Keep reading to learn more about what we’ve been up to this past year.
This year, we were honored to be acknowledged through many meaningful awards. These awards showed us that our company’s foundations of people, technology and capacity are not only meaningful to us, but to many others. Some of the awards won include:
- Newsweek – America’s Greatest Workplaces
- Forbes – The Best Employers for Women
- Fortune 500, Ranked #280
- Fortune – World’s Most Admired Companies
- Forbes – America’s Best Large Employers
- Transport Topics – Top 100 Logistics Companies, #5
- Women in Trucking – Top Companies for Women to Work for in Transportation
Bringing People Together
We’ve had many events in 2023 such as our employee town halls, fireside chats and Million Mile celebrations, but we’re especially proud of the events we’ve participated in that have benefited communities nationwide. Some of these events include:
- Wreaths Across America 10th Anniversary – This year, J.B. Hunt had 52 loads of wreaths delivered to cemeteries across the nation. We were able to be an integral part of delivering and helping place 355,000 wreaths on the graves of our nation’s veterans.
- Adopt-a-Class – This program lets our drivers give back to their communities by nominating their child’s or grandchild’s classroom for school supply donations. Since the beginning of the program in 2013, we have given nearly $275,000 in donations to 290 classrooms.
- Toys for Tots – Our J.B. Hunt employees voluntarily take part in the national program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve during the holidays to donate toys to deserving children, and we love seeing how generous our people are with their communities.
Focusing On Our People
Without our drivers, we truly would not be able to achieve anything here at J.B. Hunt. They are the backbone of our company, and we are so thankful for what they do. A few ways that our drivers are recognized for their achievements are:
- Million Mile celebrations – At our corporate headquarters each year, we invite all of our drivers who have reached two million or more safe miles to celebrate with us. In 2023, we were excited to honor 84 drivers who reached this monumental achievement.
- Goodyear Highway Hero – This award recognizes truck drivers who step in harm’s way to help others in need on the open road, and our very own J.B. Hunt driver, Andrew, was awarded the Goodyear Highway Hero Award this year. Congratulations, Andrew on this amazing accomplishment!
- Truck Driving Championship – This national competition takes place annually. J.B. Hunt had two company drivers participating this year, and it’s such an honor to have them be a part of our team!
People You Trust
In 2023, one of our biggest goals was to invest in our people and create an inclusive company culture. Our people have been the driving force behind every accomplishment. Some of the ways we invested in our employees this year include:
- ELEVATION 2.0 – At J.B. Hunt, we value our employees and their ideas and opinions. One of the initiatives used to drive productivity is ELEVATION, our open-idea forum for employees to submit ideas on company improvement. There have been many things that have happened in our company that have stemmed from ELEVATION ideas. In 2023, J.B. Hunt launched ELEVATION 2.0, our new and improved version of the original initiative. We received 6,000 ideas this year and many of these submissions will be implemented within the company.
- J.B. Hunt Scholarship for Families Program – The J.B. Hunt Scholarship Program for Families is an application-based scholarship program that is available for children or grandchildren of our J.B. Hunt employees. In 2023, we were able to gift 100 students a total of $250,000 in scholarships.
- Expanding Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) – Since 2014, when our first employee resource group was created, they have been foundational in helping foster an inclusive company culture. In 2023, we have had so many different fun and informative events between our six ERGs and can’t wait to see what is in store for the next year!
As this year ends and the new year begins, we look forward to continuing to invest in our people and striving to provide unprecedented service as the best possible logistics company for our customers. Want to work with people you can trust? Join our Talent Community to stay connected for exciting career opportunities.